Save Our Lagoon
We need a concentrated effort by the community to save this wonderful and valuable natural resource.
Our Lagoon is imperiled:
Our Sea Grass is dying:
What can we do?
There are several ways you can help!
- Learn more about the county's new fertilizer ordinance. Thecounty has posted a good resource here. The basics are:
- No fertilizer application from June 1 to September 30
- All fertilizer mst contain at least 50% slow release nitrogen
- No phosphorous fertilizer without a soil test
- Get involved! Follow us on facebook for the latest events in Indian River County to support our Lagoon. From rallies to events, the info is there.
- Contact elected officials about your concerns.